One of the best ways to get involved at Augusta University is to join the Student Government Association (SGA). SGA acts as the voice of the student body, and works to improve the student experience on campus and support the greater community.
Augusta University’s SGA is composed of two bodies: the Senate (undergraduate students) and the House of Representatives (graduate students). Each body serves as a liaison between students and administration.
Membership applications are now open for the 2020-2021 Undergraduate Student Government Association, and will close on February 26, 2020.
Interested in applying? Here are the requirements:
- You must be an undergraduate student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- If running for an executive position (president, vice president, secretary, or comptroller), you must have at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale prior to the start of the campaign period.
- If running for senator—either to represent your academic college or the student body at large—you must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale prior to the start of the campaign period.
- You cannot be on academic probation or have any student conduct violations.
Once applications are in, candidates will campaign for their seats throughout the month of March by attending tabling sessions, debates, and other events.
Voting will take place from March 25 to March 27, with results announced on Friday, March 27, 2020 on the steps of Bellevue Hall at 5:30 p.m.
Even if you don’t run, you should still be an informed voter! So don’t miss your opportunities to meet the candidates:
- February 28, 2020: Candidate Seminar in JSAC Hardy, 6 p.m.
- March 9, 2020: “Coffee with the Candidates” in JSAC JagCommons, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- March 11, 2020: Tabling event in JSAC Breezeway, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- March 16, 2020: Food truck event in JSAC Parking Lot, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
- March 23, 2020: Candidate debate in JSAC Hardy, 6 p.m.–8 p.m.