April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Everyone has a role to play in ending sexual assault, harassment, and abuse. It’s on Us to change the culture. #SAAM2021
Augusta University put forth an annual effort to spread awareness and support for the initiative. Title IX, Athletics, Student Life and Engagement, Communications & Marketing, AU Police Department, Department of Social Sciences, Student Health, Student Wellness, and SCAPS all partner together to host a variety of campus events and interactions throughout the month of April.
Sexual harassment, assault, and abuse can happen anywhere, including in online spaces. As we connect online, we can learn how to practice digital consent, intervene when we see harmful content or behaviors, and ensure that online spaces — whether they be workspaces, classrooms, social media platforms, or otherwise — are respectful and safe.
2021 Sexual Assault Awareness Month – Augusta University Schedule of Events
- April 2nd, 3pm, SAAM Kickoff @ AU Baseball & Softball games, Forest Hills Campus
- April 2-23, Clothesline Project, Forest Hills Campus
- April 12-16, Clothesline Project, Health Sciences Campus
- April 13, 12-1:30pm, Take Over Tuesday, Summerville Campus
- April 20-27, Clothesline Project, Summerville Campus
- April 20, 12-1:30pm, Take Over Tuesday, Health Science Campus
- April 21, 12-1:30pm, Wellness Wednesday, JSAC Butler Room & Virtual
- April 6-30, Various virtual event from RCSAS
For more details and information at https://www.augusta.edu/prevention/
Or please contact Julie Kneuker in the Office of Compliance & Risk Management | email@example.com